TKC 480 All-New Kindle Oasis

Photo by Michelle Taylerson

Arthur van Rest, left, GM Kindle Device & Accessories at Amazon, and Hany Ghali, Senior Product Manager, Kindle at Amazon Lab126

Interviews

Arthur van Rest and Hany Ghali at product demo October 5, 2017 in New York City: Starts at 7:22 and ends at 9:48

Hany Ghali phone/skype interview from Sunnyvale, California, on October 10, 2017: Starts at 20:26 and ends at 41:06

To purchase an all-new Kindle Oasis, please consider starting at The Kindle Chronicles home page and clicking on the Amazon ad at the upper right. That will generate an Amazon Associates commission that supports my show, and your cost will be the same. Thanks!

Music for my podcast is from an original Thelonius Monk composition named “Well, You Needn’t.” This version is “Ra-Monk” by Eval Manigat on the “Variations in Time: A Jazz Perspective” CD by Public Transit Recording” CD.

Please Join the Kindle Chronicles group at Goodreads!

Right-click here and then click “Save Link As…” to download the audio to your computer, phone, or MP3 player.

1. Eolake wrote:

I am happy that Amazon finally has put in a finer gradation of text sizes! I have been blogging about that for years.

I like the audible option as well.

Posted 11 Oct 2017 at 8:17 pm

Me too!

Posted 11 Oct 2017 at 9:11 pm
  3. Rebecca wrote:

Len! Love your show, so high quality! Can this new Oasis be switched left or right hand? Also I am very happy there is an option for a non leather cover!

Posted 13 Oct 2017 at 8:38 pm

Thanks, Rebecca! Yes, the new Oasis has an accelerometer to switch screen when you flip it for changing hands.

Posted 13 Oct 2017 at 9:35 pm
  5. George wrote:

Excellent informative episode. Thanks. Two things come to mind: one, I read a lot of customer comments on the Amazon site that are complaints about quality control in the Kindles resulting in different light output from individual LEDs. I wonder if Hany or any of the others have talked about quality control as an issue. Two, will the Whispersync application on the new Oasis allow for listening to the Audible version on a separate device, such as an iPhone, and then having the new Oasis text version sync to that? Or does it work that way only if one listens and reads on the same Oasis? Again, thanks for the information and good podcast.

Posted 14 Oct 2017 at 11:59 am

Thanks, George. I will look into answers for your questions.

Posted 14 Oct 2017 at 1:14 pm
  7. Rebecca wrote:

Thanks Len, and George, good question! I have one more question : can’t Audible purchases be kept in the cloud thus makes it not necessary to have 32 GB?

Posted 15 Oct 2017 at 2:18 pm

It looks as if the average size of an Audible Enhanced Audio file is 28.8 GB, so you’d need the 32 GB just to have on the device.

Posted 15 Oct 2017 at 3:56 pm
  9. Rebecca wrote:

Oh good to know! Len, when I get one I will be sure to use Amazon from your website!

Posted 15 Oct 2017 at 8:01 pm