New Kindles: Now We Have a Date!

I just opened an email I’ve been expecting for weeks: an invitation to an Amazon Press Conference Thursday, September 6 at 10:30 am at the Barker Hangar, Santa Monica.

As usual, there is no information as to what the press conference will be about. But we all know it won’t be an announcement of a new men’s wear line. This is about the new Kindle(s), baby.

After months of informed speculation, I’ll bet my favorite “Podcaster” coffee mug that this is going to be our first look at at least one new E Ink Kindle and at least one new Kindle Fire.

Let the games begin!

1. Brett McNeill wrote:

Nice! Have a great time and keep us posted with your thoughts on the new devices.

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 2:55 pm
  2. Nick Todd wrote:

Will you be live podcasting like last year Len? Looking forward to see if Amazon come out with a tablet to compete with the Nexus 7 – and maybe even one for the UK market!

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 3:26 pm

Probably, Nick. I’m booking flight and hotel now, will plan details of coverage later. Plus, I’ve got a podcast to get out! Busy day, and fun.

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 3:33 pm
  4. Kevin Eagan wrote:

Exciting stuff! Can’t wait to see if it’s more than one new kindle.

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 3:49 pm
  5. Jim Wellman wrote:

Thanks Len, always enjoy your broadcast. Signed up as a subscriber. Everybody, help Len out and donate to the cause.

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 4:47 pm

Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated!

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 7:04 pm
  7. Alex Berta wrote:

Hi, Len! Will you be releasing all the report later in a Kindle Single, as you did last time? I’m asking because I enjoyed reading your report so much that I think you should do it again!

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 8:10 pm

Alex, I’d like to, though I remember it was a daunting task to create an eBook about the press conference last year. Your encouragement will help me to gear up again for the work!

Posted 23 Aug 2012 at 8:18 pm

I’m not sure, Alex. That was a massive undertaking last time, but I may rouse myself to do it again. Thanks for the encouragement!

Posted 27 Aug 2012 at 9:51 pm

Thanks, Jim!

Posted 27 Aug 2012 at 9:51 pm
  11. Alex Berta wrote:

Hi, Len!
    Well, if you decide to face the beast again and create the ebook, you already have one buyer for it! :D
    One other thing which would be interesting for a Kindle Single (at least for us, TKC’s readers and listeners) is a full report on the interview with Jeff Bezos, if there’s more to tell, of course, than what you already told in the episode.
    I know maybe I’m proposing even more hard work than what you already have in preparing the wonderful TKC for us every week, but your writing is so good that when I finished reading your ebook, I thought: “Len should be doing more of it!”
    In a Web with so many texts that lack content and are simply poor, your writing stands as an example of how reports can be informative, entertaining and well-written.

Posted 29 Aug 2012 at 9:45 pm

Alex, that’s very encouraging! I worked hard on my last press-conference eBook and was very satisfied with how it turned out. So maybe that’s a good outcome to aim at. I also remember very little sleep for about a week as I put it together. A small price to pay for something that’s worth reading. Thanks for your comment!

Posted 29 Aug 2012 at 9:49 pm

1. From The Kindle Chronicles - Getting Ready for Santa Monica on 29 Aug 2012 at 8:29 pm

[...] the hood of this blog tonight, preparing for next week’s trip to Santa Monica to cover the Amazon press conferenceĀ on September 6 at 10:30 a.m. [...]